Monday, April 12, 2010

Memories..


This comic strip reminds me of one day when Marcus came over. It was right after the Winter storm, the one in like January. It was my first time seeing him since he apologized to me for being an asshole. It was freezing outside and there was still snow and ice all over the roads, but I wanted to go outside so we could have privacy. That night, we chilled for about two and a half hours in about 25/30 degree weather and it was the best thing in the world. We did nothing but walk & talk through every neighborhood in River Oaks. It was simple. Nothing big. Just us. We didn't even touch our phones at all, just our hands met each others. Freezing, but content. Me in a semi-warm jacket, and him in a light sweatshirt. He offered to give me his sweatshirt because I was shivering, but I couldn't do that to him. I remember it like it was yesterday. The picture is the way we parted. Standing like that for a good five minutes. I was comfortable, you know? We held each other like that and then he whispered in my ear how sorry he was for treating me wrong, and how we still had to remain friends if anything happened between us. And even now, after our break-up, we talk every once in awhile. Idk, but the cartoon just got to me, because it reminded me of that night. It was one of the most thoughtful and romantic things any guy has ever done for me; just the simplicity and sacrifice. Sitting outside in freezing cold weather, willing to talk, no bars or guards up, trying to fix our relationship. He wasn't worried about what he was going to do afterward, if he was going to go hang out with his friends, but he was worried about me and my feelings. Taking his time with me. Wanting to get things kopesthetic with me. I was the only person on his mind, not his phone or his friends. It was me. That was true. I just wish there were more boys out there willing to do the same thing...

0 comments:

Post a Comment